Friday, January 25, 2013

Beautiful Moments

I thought I would blog more than I have... but it is hard for me to decide what I should tell the world and what I just want to keep locked in my heart and memories.  There are so many lessons being learned in our house... not just for the girls, but for our whole family. 

I can't help but learn more about God and how He loves us through this process of becoming a family of 6... how He has adopted us and made us His heirs.  It is pretty flippin cool! 

There was one event that happened today that I did want to share.  It happened so quick, but it has burned itself into my heart and mind forever.

We went on a quick errand to the grocery store today.  Nothing special, just needed milk and a few other things.  On the way home this is the conversation that took place:

Mila: Mommy, my eyes are crying! 
Me: Why? Did you hurt yourself, or are you sad?
Mila: No, I am really happy!
Me: What are you happy about?
Mila: I am happy that my family loves me and Vika, and it makes me so happy that my eyes are crying!

Let me tell you... it was a good thing I was just about home because I wouldn't have been able to see through my tears.  It broke my heart all over again that these two lovely girls went almost 6 years without knowing the love of a family.  She is just now experiencing it for the first time in her life, and she knows how special it is... how life-changing.  Lord, please help me to be the kind of mother these girls need to grow into healthy, whole adults!  

After this conversation, the rest of the day went on as normal.  But as I was pulling my car into the garage, God whispered to me, "Just wait until she realizes how much I love her!"

Mind. Blown.

Photo by Jennie Pollock

3 comments:

Valiant Sheep said...

I love the last part about what God whispered to you :)

Rachael Andrews said...

Beautiful! So beautiful. We are about to host. I can't wait!

Rachael Andrews said...

Beautiful! We are about to host for the first time and I can't wait!